These articles are part of a series of one pagers recently launched by CUTS with the objective of generating economic literacy and enhancing awareness about key socio-economic issues relating to the Indian as well as global economy.
Breaking Old Barriers: Sino-Indian Relations Making Headway
With the focus now firmly on development, India-China relations is shifting to one of cooperation from that of conflict, driven by increasing economic dependency on each other. Many avenues for mutual benefits through collaboration await the fast growing Asian giants.
Indian Exports: Revival But No Room For Complacency
India’s export performance over the last six months (up to April 2010) has significantly improved. Year on year exports figures indicates a growth of over 27 percent during the six month period. This gives a clear indication that the adverse impacts of financial crisis is over. If the present trend continues, India’s exports could achieve an unprecedented high and cross US$200bn mark in 2010-11.
GM Crops: Need For Scientific Consensus
The world community is awaiting any consensus on what to do with the GM crops. Confusion continues among the scientific community and this percolates further down to the government, CSOs, media and the public at large. The adoption of this potential source of food security – field evidence indicates definitive productivity gains – should not be railroaded because of mere confusion. Consensus must, therefore, emerge among the scientific community – the opinion makers in this regard.
- CUTS Meeting Proceedings: The Future of WTO (MC12)/Indo-Pacific Economic Framework /Trade Policy India Needs
- The Trade Policy India Needs – CUTS Policy Recommendations
- Issue Note – Imperative of Resurrecting Multilateralism
- CUTS comments on the Draft National Forest Policy, 2018.
- CUTS comments on the draft Agriculture Export Policy
- CUTS comments on the draft Model Agriculture Produce & Livestock Contract Farming and Services (Promotion and Facilitation) Acy, 2018.
- Sustainable Mining in India: Overview of legal and regulatory framework, technologies and best process practices
- CUTS Comments on European Union Trade Sustainability Impact Assessment on the Environmental Goods Agreement
- CUTS Final Report of the `Trade Consignment Mapping for better Regional Connectivity in South Asia’ Project
- CUTS Final Report of the `Technical Barriers to Trade between India and Bangladesh’ Project
- CUTS Comments on The Public Procurement Bill, 2012 on April 09, 2015
- CUTS Comments on Draft National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy on January 30, 2015.
- Letter to Prime Minister on ‘Trade potential between India and Pakistan’ on January 15, 2015.
Annexure 1 | Annexure 2
- Pradeep S Mehta Spoke on the “Inequality or poverty-which is the bigger question” at the UNCTAD Public Symposium, Geneva, 18 June, 2014.
- CUTS Submission to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce for India’s Engagement with Free Trade Agreements
- Making trade a tool for poverty amelioration in the 21st Century A report based on perceptions of global trade and development experts
- Enhancing the Development Role and Impact of UNCTAD
- Life after Rio: a commentary by Mark Halle, IISD
- CUTS Comments on The Public Procurement Bill, 2012
- CUTS Comments on New EU Communiqué on Trade, Growth and Development
- On the request of Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development and Transparency (PILDAT) , contributed two papers entitled, “Trade Relations-Indian Perspective” and “Trade Relations-Indian Perspective Urdu” for the Pakistan-India Parliamentarians Dialogue III held in Islamabad on January 18, 2012
- CUTS International’s Comments/Views on Consumers International’s Recommendations to Rio+20 Conference
- CUTS Comments on Rio+20 Draft Negotiation Text
- CUTS Communiqué: Multilateral Trading System Must Remain the Centre Piece of Global Economic Governance
December 22, 2011, Geneva
Pascal Lamy, DG, WTO
What are its implications for CUTS?
Department of Commerce Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India
- CUTS International Submission to Global Trade Preference Reform Working Group Centre for Global Development
- How does Trade Lead to Development and Poverty Reduction? Evidence from the field
- CUTS Philosophy: Partnerships, Advocacy and Development (Focus on CUTS CITEE)
- Realising the developmental benefits of trade through a global partnership
- Mehta a “living treasure” for the World
- South Asian Civil Society Statement on Food Security
- CUTS Secretary General Pradeep S Mehta’s Opening Remarks at Global Partnership for Development Conference
- TRIPS issues in the WTO negotiations should not remain a missed opportunity
- ‘A Brief Analysis of the July 2008 Lamy Package
- ‘Let’s do trade, peace will follow’
- US too plays «TRUMP» card?
- A Short Critique of the Chair’s Latest Report on Services Negotiations
- CUTS Memorandum to the Trade Ministers of G-20 Group of WTO Member Countries Why G-20 unity is necessary at this crucial juncture of the Doha Round of negotiations?
- CUTS Memorandum to the Commerce & Industry Minister of India on India’s Strategy in the Doha Round at the current juncture
- India National Action Plan on Climate Change: An Appraisal
- Challenges facing the World Trading System
- CUTS Statement to UNCTAD XII
- A Critical Note on Draft Modalities on NAMA in the Doha Round
- A Critical Note on Draft Modalities on Agriculture in the Doha Round
- Strengthening the Linkages between Trade, Development and Poverty Reduction
- South-South Economic Cooperation: Enhancing GMS-India Relationship (2007)
- South-South Cooperation: Exploring the IBSA Initiative (2006)
- Operationalising Aid for Trade
- G-20 Civil Society Views on the WTO
- Linkages between Environmental Standards and Poverty: A people-centered Approach (2005)
- Improving Labour Standards through Development: A Positive Agenda (2004)
- From Cancún to São Paulo: The Role of Civil Society in the International Trading System (2004)
- WTO and India: An Agenda for Action in Post Doha Scenario (2002)