The project aims at the following milestones to be achieved:
- By December 31, 2005, a baseline survey on capacity of partner organisations and its staff would be completed for the first year of the project. This will be a continuous process and has already been started in January 2005. Subsequently, capacity evaluation against this baseline survey will be carried out in January 2006. Moreover, key advocacy messages will be identified and communicated to policy-makers, CSOs and media.
- By December 31, 2005, at least one pro-poor change will be made to the Foreign Trade Policy of India, 2004-2009.
- By December 31, 2005, a draft policy for National Trade Policy Council (NTPC) and State Trade Policy Councils (STPCs) will be formulated and discussed by CUTS and project partners and will have been placed before the governments/policy-makers.
- By December 31, 2005, CUTS and project partners will formulate the structure of the network and a feasibility study will commence.
- By December 31, 2005, the study document will have been compiled and presented to the WTO Ministerial in Hong Kong with recommendations for action. Moreover, the research will also be shared and discussed with trade negotiators and officials of the Indian government to pressurise them to advocate for a pro-poor WTO declaration in Hong Kong.