Participants: All the state partners and the NCU team.
Objective: Providing training to all the participants on issues of globalisation and the WTO; discussing the project in detail.
Timeframe: In the beginning of year 2005 and 2006.
Methodology: 4-day training seminar involving group discussions, informal interactive sessions and guest speakers.
The project management team of every state (comprising of a Nodal Person and a Programme Coordinator) and National Coordinating Unit (NCU) members would undergo an intensive training on the issues of globalisation and the WTO and their relationship with economic development and governance in India. The seminar will be held in the beginning of both the years of the project i.e. 2005 and 2006.
The seminar for the year 2005 was held on February 24th – 27th, 2005, at Jaipur. All the state partners and members of the NCU attended it. The seminar played a very important role in terms of providing clarity towards-
- basic concepts relating to globalisation and the WTO;
- GRANITE project as a whole- its genesis, objectives, activities, milestones, outcomes, key challenges, etc.;
- coordination among and between the state partners and the NCU; and
- special notes by the guest speakers on the role of states in the project and economic reforms & the Indian State.
- Project launch cum training workshop
- State launch meetings
- Field Work in Rajasthan and West Bengal
- Outreach meetings
- Workshops targeting state level officials
- Media workshops
- National seminar
- Advocacy workshop at the state level for STPC and at the national level for NTPC
- Outreach tools
- Briefing Papers
- E- group and e- list
- Sixth WTO ministerial conference
- Additional activities