About the Study:
‘The potential of cross border trade of agricultural commodities via waterways by linking National
Waterway 16 (Barak river) and Protocol Route 3 till Ashuganj which falls under Meghna basin.’
- Similar exercise will also be conducted in Brahmaputra basin in Dhubri- Hatsinghimari- Chilmari route.
- This study will comprise of FGDs with farmers, producer companies, traders and Key Informant interviews with officials from Agricultural and Fisheries department.
- Attempt will be made to map the current budgetary allowances in developing waterways, including that for dredging within India and along the protocol route.
TROSA project aims to achieve positive change in the lives of marginalized and vulnerable riparian communities. The ultimate goal (impact) of the project is reduced poverty of marginalized and vulnerable river basin communities through increased access to control over water resources.
- Improved policies and practice of governments that protect the rights of river basin communities to water resources
- Improved policies and practice of private sector and other actors that respect the rights of river basin communities to water resources.
- Strengthened capacity of river basin communities and civil society to influence trans-boundary water resource management
- Amplification of women’s profile and influence in dialogues and decision-making on water management and water infrastructure