Research reports are outputs of externally funded as well as internally resourced projects. They provide readers with the overview and background, comprehensive information on and detailed analysis of various components of research in a reader-friendly format.
- Unlocking Trade Potential of Women in the Transboundary Landscapes of Hindu Kush Himalayas
- Cage Fish Farming in India and Bangladesh – Prospects for Bilateral Cooperation
- Reviving Trade through Waterways – Navigating Livelihood Benefits in Ganga and Brahmaputra
- Boating Towards Inclusivity – Facilitating short haul cross-border trade between Dhubri (Assam, India) and Chilmari (Kurigram, Bangladesh) through waterways
- Promoting Trade and Tourism in Transboundary Waterways of Meghna Basin
- Expanding Tradable Benefits of Inland Waterways Case of India
- Expanding Tradable Benefits of Inland Waterways Case of Bangladesh
- Expanding Tradable Benefits of Inland Waterways Case of Nepal
- Expanding Tradable Benefits of Inland Waterways Case of Bhutan
- Rice Seeds: A Study of Availability and Accessibility in Bangladesh and India
- India-Bangladesh Trade Potentiality – An Assessment of Trade Facilitation Issues
- Energy Efficient Products and Indian Consumers
Edited by: Bipul Chatterjee • Suresh P Singh
The report, commissioned to assess consumer awareness and use of energy-efficient home appliances in India, is based on primary information collected from consumers based on their perception. Primary information has also been collected from traders and producers of home appliances. Secondary sources and data have also been used to supplement information gathered from the primary sources. An attempt has also been made to review India’s existing pattern of demand and supply of energy from different sources and the widening gap.
pp 278, #1204, Rs 250/US$25, ISBN: 978-81-8257-164-8
- Climate Change and Food Security in South Asia
Edited by: Bipul Chatterjee • Manbar Khadka
This study sheds light on the awareness and perception that small and marginal farmers of four South Asian countries – Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Afghanistan – have on climate change and its impact on agricultural production in general and food security in particular. It highlights their concerns associated with the phenomenon of climate change and explores their thinking and actions on possible adaptation and mitigation strategies. It suggests major policy recommendations to minimise the effects of climate change on food security in South Asia.
pp 150, #1114, Rs 250/US$25, ISBN: 978-81-8257-157-0
- Reassessing Scope and Mandate of the Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF)
EIF is the instrument for enabling mainstreaming of trade into the national development plans of LDCs. This study, undertaken by Atul Kaushik, Director, CUTS Geneva Resource Centre with the support of Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) assesses the legal, technical, structural, institutional and political options and opportunities to make the EIF a facility which can respond better to specific needs in the context of the wider AfT agenda, the promotion of regional integration and facilitating a smooth transition of LDCs to non-LDC status. Learning from the experience of IF and EIF to-date, it makes some useful recommendations on making EIF the overarching facility for Aid for Trade for LDCs and the modalities for implementation of regional projects under the EIF.
- A Critical Look at Economic Governance in India: The Case of National Foreign Trade Policy
The thrust of National Foreign Trade Policy (NFTP) is on export promotion through efforts to increase competitiveness of Indian products in the global market. This research report endeavours to understand the policymaking process of NFTP, and to ascertain its impact especially at the grassroots. It discusses in detail the numerous issues related to institutional and implementation problems that exists on the ground. It traced the process of trade policymaking in a federal polity, the problems inherent in it and hurdles being faced. Lastly, it synthesised in detail the various grassroots demands and policy recommendations.
pp 48, #0822, Rs 200/US$20, ISBN: 978-81-8257-115-0
- Trade and Food Security-– #1, May, 2022