Briefing Papers – Developmental Issues
Briefing Papers are to draw public interest to key issues relating to trade and economics. They are to facilitate easy understanding of issues as well as to educate and inform readers about their various aspects. They are of 4-pages, so as to get better attention of busy policy-makers and other readers.
- Re-Thinking Global Economic Governance: Promoting Development and Managing Crises
- Facilitating Sustainable Development in the Developing World Ensuring that Economic Growth is Inclusive
and Environmentally Sustainable
- India ASEAN FTA – A Move towards Multilateral Free Trade Agreements? (1/2010)
- Trade and Climate Change: UNEP and WTO Report – Focus on LDCs
- Indian Ecomark Scheme – The Need for an Alternative Framework
- Informal Sector: Definitions and its Implications for Growth
- Standards in Food Sector
- Terrorism and Development
- The National Foreign Trade Policy – An Impact Assessment
- Regional Trade Openness Index, Income Disparity and Poverty: An Indian Case Study
- Trade Liberalisation, Growth and Poverty in Bangladesh
- Political Economy of Trade Liberalisation in Bangladesh: Impact of Trade Liberalisation on Bangladesh Agriculture
- Fighting the Financial Meltdown
- Import Substitution and Export Promotion as Development Strategies
- Is the Stage set for Mainstreaming Trade into National Development Strategy of India?
- Do India’s AEZs Need a Fresh Start?
- Activism against Low Labour Standards in Developing Countries – Is it a bane in disguise?
- Trade as a Tool for Employment Generation
- Integrating India’s Service Sector with the Global Economy
- Aid for Trade – The Process So Far, But What Next?
- Mainstreaming Development in the WTO – Developing Countries in the Doha Round
- The Saga of Rising Food Prices
- From UNCTAD XI to UNCTAD XII – A Stocktaking
- Up-scaling Aid for Trade – A Kenya Perspective
- Trade Openness: The Only Path to Sustainable Growth
- Evolution of Service Sector in Zambia towards Greater Trade Orientation:
- Integrated Framework for Trade Related Assistance: What is its role in tackling poverty?
- Globalisation and Inequality: The Development Rationale
- Learning through GRANITE
- WTO, Trade, Development and Aid: Some Misconceptions and Myths
- The Importance of Institutionalizing? Structured Consultations in Evaluating Trade Proposals:Lessons from India’s Experience and their Wider Relevance
- Institutions for Facilitating FDI: Issues for BEPZA, Bangladesh
- The Interaction of International and National Institutions: Implications for Agriculture in West Bengal
- Real Markets’ in Rural Bangladesh: Institutions, Market Interactions and the Reproduction of Inequality
- Duty-free, Quota-free Market Access: A Perspective from South Asian LDCs
- Aid for Trade: A Perspective from South Asian LDCs
- Draft National Policy for Farmers – A Critique
- Functioning of WTO Cells in India – A Critique
- Review of National Textile Policy 2000 – Short on Prognosis and far short of Results
- Aid for Trade – Where are we & where will we go?
- Environmental Standards in Food Processing Industry – Impact on South Asian Exports
- National Agriculture Policy – A Critical Evaluation
- Moving from Preferences to Aid for Trade
- Reforms in Food Corporation of India – Case of Wheat Imports
- SPS Standards and Developing Countries – The Skeleton in the Closet for the Doha Round
- Triangle of Hope: Trilateral Development Cooperation
- Global Partnership for Development: Contextualising Trade, Aid & Poverty Reduction
- TrAid: What Future for Developing Countries?
- TDP Project and Links with MDGs
- Global Partnership for Development – The Way Forward
- How Mining Companies Influence the Environment
- Labour Standards: Voluntary Self-regulation vs. Mandatory Legislative Schemes
- Child Labour in South Asia: Are Trade Sanctions the Answer?
- Trade and Sustainable Development: An Outline of a Southern Agenda (CITEE: No. 1/2001)
- Human Rights and International Trade: Right Cause with Wrong Intentions
- Framework for Fair Trade and Poverty Eradication (CITEE: No. 4/2001)
- Proactive Agenda for Trade and Poverty Reduction (CITEE: No. 6/2001)
- Trade and Environment: Seattle and Beyond (CITEE: No. 2/2000)
- Liberalisation and Poverty – Is there a virtuous circle for India? (CITEE: No. 7/1999)
- Trade and Environment – An Agenda for Developing Countries (CITEE: No. 2/1999)
- Trade, Labour, Global Competition and the Social Clause (CITEE: No. 5/1998)
- Trade Liberalisation and Food Security (CUTS: No. 6/1998)
- The Circle of Poison – Unholy Trade in Domestically Prohibited Goods (CUTS: No. 8/1996)
- DPGs, Toxic Waste and Dirty Industries – Partners in Flight (CUTS: No. 11/1996)
- Social Clause in the GATT – A Boon or Bane for India (CUTS: No. 3/1995)
- Trade & Environment: The Inequitable Connection (CUTS: No. 5/1995)